[ SHOWGSD-L ] Upcoming judge - difference of opinion

  • From: pruett@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:57:51 +0000

I had a different experience showing to Linda Robey.  Of course, no big name
all-breed handlers were present (and, they are not likely to be present at
Central Mass' specialty, either).  She found my Ch Heritage-Windy Acres' Flower
- put her to the breed.  Flower was BOP at the national and BOM under Dave
Rinke.  She finished with 4 majors under specialty judges.  Sandy Dancosse (who
I love to show to - she does an excellent job) has given her a specialty BOB.

So, I'll be supporting the GSDC of Central Mass.  I usually do anyway, whether I
like the judge or not.  If we don't support clubs - whether we like the judge
in a particular year or not - our specialty clubs will die.  I'm hoping all
active exhibitors in the northeast will support the NH/AVGSDC weekend in
September.  If not, this could very well be AVGDC's last show...

Linda's breed is the Belgian shepherd  - much softer in temperament than our
GSD's.  Judges sometimes revert to the breed they know best when judging -
whether they should or not.  For example, Sheltie breeder judges are more
forgiving on temperament evalualtion than some others.  Not an excuse for what
happened in Florida - but maybe a partial explanation.

Laurie Pruett