[ SHOWGSD-L ] Unexpected red sables, lol

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:15:43 EST

Hi Guys
I  am happy just to be living where we do, and to be able to hike  the
wildlife refuge (500 acres or so)  ,usually with a dog, and enjoy the  day.
Yesterday, I went out alone, because I would be covering/running over  some
pretty
rugged ground, and don't take a dog with me in that  instance.   I watched as
falcons, ospreys, kestrels and other raptors  searched for an afternoon meal.
I ran down a trail and through a  creek that runs heavily after the rain...
gorgeous day, silent except for the birds, and then a sound of something
much larger than a jack rabbit, from up ahead.

I stopped, adrenaline pumping and listened VERY carefully, (there are  always
bobcat tracks, and have been mountain lion sightings) the area is very
remote and hilly so you have to be on your toes..

I walked forward and a sudden flash or RED appeared about 40  feet  away,
then another....
at second look, not foxes but COYOTES, the prettiest deepest RED SABLES you
have ever seen!  They paused for moment to regard me, as  surprised at seeing
me, as I was them, and trotted off into the brush.

I smiled the entire 3 miles back home, being glad this one time, I  wasn't
working a GSD, but in the company of something at that  moment that was  little
piece of magic, under the blue  skies.

Just makes you glad to be alive.

Kathy

_Victory German  Shepherds_ (http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/index.htm)
 ~ WEBSITE UPDATED: MAR 27,  2006
Home of CH. ELVASTON'S NATIONS CUP, TC, OFA H/E DNA'D  "NITRO"
25 BISS/ BESTS OF BREED TO DATE 2006 PACIFIC  COAST VICTOR