[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ultrasound

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: caretti@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:00:10 -0400

Cyndi's comments made me remember the one time I thought I'd ultrasound
a bitch.  There was only one vet in the area who had an ultrasound
machine, and it wasn't one I'd ever used.  But, for some reason, I
wanted to do one on this bitch...so off I went.  This animal hospital
has about 7 vets on staff...only one could do ultrasounds.  I spoke with
him and he told me he didn't really know how to use it very well, so
they would only charge $50.  I said, if you're still learning, my
ultrasound should be free... and I walked out.  Never had the
ultrasound.  Now several area hospitals have the machines, but as I said
earlier, I don't see the point.  For me, an X-ray would be better and
more accurate...but I don't do those, either, unless I'm planning on
being out of town.  Need to know when the babies are coming, after all!
Peggy