[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: UTAH!!!!

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:19:18 EST

The site is the Weber County Fairgrounds, just northwest of Ogden.
The link Connie posted shows how open and spacious the fairgrounds
are with room for all events to be on the same site within easy walking
distance of each other.  Many of the facitlities have been built within
the last 5-10 years.  This is the site that used to host the MOKC and
IKC All Breed shows for many years - those shows only used the
soccer fields and an exhibit hall.
It is about 1/2 hour drive from the Salt Lake Airport, there are plenty
of potential host hotels within a 10-15 minute drive.  Rooms would
probably be $60-$70, with less expensive motels that accept dogs
available.  There is RV parking with hookups on the
site, plus several RV Parks nearby.  During the Sheltie national, they
even had RV's parked in the courtyard.  There are plenty of restaurants
nearby and lots of outdoor recreation - we are right by the mountains
for boating, hiking, camping, golf, fishing, mountain biking, etc.

If you want to look at the links at the site Connie posted, here are
my thoughts on National events...

Conformation - Golden Spike Arena
http://www.co.weber.ut.us/gsec/buildings/goldenspike_arena.html

Agility and/or obedience - Riding Arena, Soccer Fields, or Exhibit hall
http://www.co.weber.ut.us/gsec/buildings/riding_arena.html
http://www.co.weber.ut.us/gsec/buildings/exhibit_hall.html

Herding - Outdoor Stadium
http://www.co.weber.ut.us/gsec/buildings/outdoor_arena.html

Stalls are adjacent to both the Outdoor Stadium and Golden Spike Arena
http://www.co.weber.ut.us/gsec/buildings/barns.html

Tracking - Cross Country Course, inside the race track, and/or soccer fields
http://www.co.weber.ut.us/gsec/buildings/xcountry_course.html
http://www.co.weber.ut.us/gsec/buildings/race_track.html

WDA - Outdoor Stadium or soccer fields

Janice Buchanan
Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds, UT

In a message dated 1/21/2005 10:24:52 AM Mountain Standard Time,
Conleegsd@xxxxxxx writes:
Why Utah? We are centrally located in the west. You can drive from San Diego,
Portland or Phoenix in apx 12 hours, Denver in apx 8 hrs, Vegas 6 hrs. Delta
is
a main hub, shipping dogs has not been a problem for me on this end, the
airport
personel are wonderful. The site that the board is suppose to look at in
April
has everything that we need. Including wonderful stalls. Check out the site
at

http://www.co.weber.ut.us/gsec/buildings/main.html

Connie Malo
Pres. Great Salt Lake GSDC
-------------- Original message from "Denice Krueger"

> I was born and raised in Utah although I now live in the Seattle,
Washington