[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: USDAA championships in Arizona

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>, ricknaudra@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:21:32 -0800 (PST)

Yes that is true but you don't have to qualify for the many other activities
for the dogs.
You just need to bring many 50.00 dollar bills :0)
 I would love to have somthing like this for an activity and fund raiser. I
counted dogs going through the Lure course. It took about 20 seconds for the
dogs to run through. Tory was doing it in 16 seconds. Give them another 15
seconds to set up and you can run 2 dogs in one minute. That would be about 25
dollars a minute. Even if the time was double that you would still be making
money to support the local clubs. The Dock dog activities would be spendy but
in Oregon you can do it on a fall day. Just kidding. They had 2 training pools
and 1 competition pool. Each training pool could be used at each end so 2 folks
could use it at the same time. They charged 50.00 for the day for each dog.

One of the things that happened was that they had the pool towers set where the
dogs could see the lure course. A lab was up on the tower waiting to jump and
then next thing you see is the lab in the lure course. The little Boston Bull
that was running the lure course all of a sudden turns around and says I'm out
of here. The lab gets a free run on the course and then goes back to the pool
tower. The gave the little Boston another turn.

It would be interesting to see what the insurance company would charge the club
for an activity like this.
Terry

Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:37:46 -0800 (PST)
From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Our Breeds in Society

[SNIP]....This past week the USDAA championships haved been held here in
Scottsdale. You know how many German Shepherds where there???
Terry

Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.