[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: USA GEOGRAPHY

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wynsum@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 18:15:52 -0700

OK........I think I've got it.....
We don't  think Denver is West because it is Mountain Standard Time....or it IS
West because......well......because the Census Bureau says it is....or
wait....it is
NOT....because a membership map chart says it is Central.
OK.....GOT IT........<G>......it all depends on our own personal tape
measure......and
where we each want the National!!    Get Bill Burggraaf on the phone........our
back yard
is reeeeelly big!
<G>
We can string-line with a plumb-bob for Central.....but if there is no AIRPORT
or great SITE
available it  'ain't gonna work'.
In time we may have to limit our National to three semi permanent
locations......meaning we
need to have an  EXPANSE covered for the West,  Central and the East  that
people can
DRIVE TO  WITH DOGS....or fly into main hub airports  "reasonably "  easy WITH
a dog.
That would be.....the  'three National sites measurement'.....right up there
with Mt. Standard time..
Sadly.....not in any specific back yard.   <G>
Every year poses some hardships for someone.....and that unfortunately  will
never change.
The real hardship for every National is those that compete with a dog and the
Vendors or
of course those with health issues.
With 50 States we don't want to sit home waiting for it to come to Calif.  or
Conn. before we
go.    We just ask that it be POSSIBLE to fly in.....with a dog........or a 2 -
3 day drive at most!

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com