[ SHOWGSD-L ] URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • From: Crossroadsgsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 22:36:38 -0400 (EDT)

I just spoke with  ASM Joan Buchanan, who will speak on the Assembly floor
AGAINST AB 272 but she  told me that there has been little noise about this,
including letters,  faxes, or phone calls.

So if we want the Assembly to oppose AB 272, we need to be making some more
 noise. It will either be voted upon TOMORROW (Monday) or Thursday. So it
would  be good to jam the fax machines of your Assembly member and email
inbox as well  as making some phone calls. ASM Buchanan is well respected but
she cannot hold  off a pass if the other members feel there is no fallout.

Just to remind us of the issue:

URGENT  ALERT: California Rabies Bill AB 272 , which
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/13-14/bill/asm/ab_0251-0300/ab_272_bill_20130419_amended_asm_v97.pdf

seeks  to lower the age at which dogs must be vaccinated from 4 months to 3
months,  will soon be scheduled for a final Assembly vote, and if passed,
it will move  on to the Senate. Prior Assembly votes supporting AB 272 are
baffling as all 4  Assembly analyses (three of which contain inaccurate
information on state  rabies laws) indicate AB 272 will NOT accomplish the
stated
goals of its  sponsors, the Health Officers Association of California.

Lowering the required age of rabies vaccination to 3  months increases the
likelihood of adverse vaccine reactions as well as  failure to immunize due
to residual maternal antibodies and interference from  other puppy vaccines
given at 3 months. There is significant opposition to AB  272 from The
Rabies Challenge Fund, The California Federation of Dog Clubs,  dog
organizations, veterinarians, and private  individuals.

What  You Can Do to Help

Contact your Assemblymembers ,  by phone and e-mail, the phone call will
take just a few  seconds.

http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/

and ask them to OPPOSE Rabies  Bill AB 272.

Laura Finco

Permission to Forward and Crosspost

CROSSROAD'S GERMAN SHEPHERDS
_www.sbrgsdc.org_ (http://www.sbrgsdc.org/)