[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: UPDATE to Mastitis

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx, WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 06:54:19 -0400 (EDT)

My thoughts as well, but in all honesty, most vets today don't do/know a
whole heck of a lot about breeding, so maybe the gal didn't know she should
be  constantly checking her bitch's breasts.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 7/14/2012 8:54:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx writes:

The lady  who has the litter is a vet tec and pre vet student and let her
bitch get this  bad?
Wow

Sally

On Jul 14, 2012, at 7:23 PM, WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx  wrote:

> Well.. to be honest..they do NOT have a lot of this issue  in their
> clinic... the Dr on call was an ASSHOLE to be blunt,  last night..and
this young
> lady who has the litter IS a Vet  Tech and pre vet at Beckers College...
 but
> her work was  closed :(    todays vet isnt too  bad... but   she  had the
> female there 4 weeks ago and they didn't know  what the  hell they were
doing
> THEN...    trying not to  disrespect  Tufts but i found MORE accurate
info from
> THE LIST  breeders than this  facility...     i trust my Repro Vet  more
than
> i trust Tufts  but my vet wasn't open :(
>
> i do SINCERELY appreciate your post and i will  pass along your well
wishes
> for the female  thanks so  much  :)
>

> In a message  dated 7/14/2012 6:10:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>  cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> DM  writes:  "ANYONE have  experience as to what RX and what treatment to

> use... i mean  REALLY how often does Tufts see this versus a repro  vet?"
>

> DM, it is *never* a good idea to ask a "list" how  to  treat a seriously
ill
> dog.  Tufts is one of the top  Veterinary Colleges  in the country.
> Traditionally,  Veterinary Colleges see more serious  illness than any
Veterinarian
> in private practice will ever see.  Tell  your friend to  trust the folks
at
> Tufts.
>
> I hope the bitch's  condition  improves soon.
>

> PaulETTE  McGuirt, GSDCA  Member
> Wellborn-Allemande German  Shepherds
> Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem  Meam

 she
> was  lethargic yesterday   today...  she is alert oriented and not
eating, but
> walking  around
>
> they state today  they think it spread to a second one... and the  one
that
> was  initially infected has a purple spot.  they are concerned  and
suggest
> surgery within possibly the next 72 hrs...   if  it  doesnt clear up
>

> ANYONE have experience as  to what RX and what  treatment to use... i
mean
> REALLY how often  does Tufts see this versus a repro  vet?
>

> Thanks for any info you can  offer
>

>  DM

>  POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the
> original  author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS  or
FORWARDS of
> any kind  are permitted without prior permission  of the original author
AND of
> the  Showgsd-l Management. ALL  RIGHTS RESERVED.
>
> Each Author is responsible  for the  content of his/her post.  This group
> and its administrators  are  not responsible for the comments or opinions
> expressed in  any post.
>
> ALL  PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE  FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY
> MANNER  OF ANY MATERIAL  WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
> PERMISSION OF   ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
>  FORBIDDEN, AND IS  A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION
WILL  BE
> PROSECUTED.
>
> For assistance, please contact  the List Management at  admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org
> NATIONAL BLOG -   http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/

>  POST is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the
original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of
any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND
of  the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

> Each Author  is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group
and its  administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in  any post.

> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,  REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L  WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST  MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF  THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE
PROSECUTED.

> For assistance, please  contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org
> NATIONAL BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.