[ SHOWGSD-L ] UPDATE on emaciated GSD in Georgia

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:45:26 -0800 (PST)

Since so many of you inquired about or donated to the starving GSD who was
pulled from the Murray County shelter, I want to update you as to the
information we have received so far.
This gal is at Town N Country boarding/veterinary hospital in Marietta and has
gained more than 7 pounds in just a few days! LHSH was informed by Lisa Hester
from Murray County shelter that Mercy (formerly known as Arwen) has been spoken
for by "an experienced Rescue in the area" with no further information
forthcoming. It is LHSH policy to require a Rescue application be submitted and
approved by our BOD in order for a Rescue to receive funding. Until we have the
completed app from the rescue that has offered to take Mercy, we will not be
able to send any funding to Town N Country. If you have donated to Mercy's care
and would like to either be refunded your donation or perhaps designate another
dog in need, please contact us.
Thank you!
The Team from LHSH