[ SHOWGSD-L ] UPDATE: DIAMOND/CHICKEN SOUP, KIRKLAND

  • From: "Bonnie Dinsmore" <vonadlerhof@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 13:20:10 -0500

Hello,
I just talked to a Vet from Missouri who is sorting out the cases and
complaints about the Diamond food recall.
Dr. Bob Mack called me around 12:30 this afternoon. He stated that the ENTIRE
LINE of Chicken Soup Dog foods ARE OK--NOT INVOLVED IN RECALL, the same goes
for KIRKLAND and PREMIUM EDGE. He had the recalled foods listed in front of
him. I was concerned and filed a report after my dogs had some of the Diamond
food recently. I do have some left in my food bin(no bag to check #'s,) so I am
sending a sample to the Diagnostic Lab Toxicology Section to be checked, and
they will send me and Diamond a report.
Dr. Bob told me the suspect "USE BY" dates are the first two weeks of April,
and they are more concerned with April 10th, as they narrow it down to the
production dates associated with these use by dates. He also told me June is
ruled out, and March and May have "low suspect" at this time.

If you fed the Diamond foods containing corn around the time of the recall, I
would go to www.diamondpetfoods.com  and file a report. The vet will then
contact you. If you have food on the premises, they will test it for you. I
saved mine just in case. I thought they may need to test it. The vet was glad I
did. One way to rule out contaminants right away. I do believe the vet must
make a note and order the tests though.

Hope this helps.

Bonnie Dinsmore