[ SHOWGSD-L ] Two Part - Poop Eating and Pill Popping

  • From: ropajagsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:19:24 -0500

Poop Eating - not sure whether feeding raw or kibble has anything to do with
poop eating. It may be a lack of something in the food regardless of which type
you feed.? I've has GSDs for over thirty years and none of them have been poop
eaters. I feed Biljac. I don't think that is neither here nor there.
Pill Popping - the idea is to get the dog to swallow the pill n'pas? I have
always dipped the pill in butter, gave them a tiny treat and slipped the
buttered pill in their mouth, held their?mouth closed?and just gently rubbed
their throat. They have to swallow when you rub their throat, it is a natural
reflex and the buttered pill just slips on down. Just my experience.
Pauline Moon
Ropaja German Shepherds
www.ropajagsd.com