[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Twist with stud fees

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rockannand@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 07:15:11 -0600

Oh, I don't know -- I HATE MATH -- but this one is easy, I think.
Very rarely do we see a stud fee over $500, and that fee is for one
really good guy.  Generally, it is either a pup or the price of one.
$500 is not a lot to pay for a yougster nowadays.

Looking at your figures figuring, if I'm right -- $150. + $900 for
a litter of 9 puppies is over $1000. for this guy's sperm.  A bit
much for my purse and myself.  Also, IF the bitch doesn't concerive
would a repeat be in order?   This shows me that for each and every
outside breeding, a written contract is needed. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT.
I've only been involved with 3 or 4 litigations in my life and the 2 which
were
involved in GSD breeding, I won because of the written contracts.  Norma no