[ SHOWGSD-L ] Trying to understand the YES voters

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:45:01 -0700

In all due respect to everyone else involved I would like to try and dissect
the thinking process of those who voted YES in plain English just to get
things straight in my mind why they chose to vote this way. While I am
trying to follow their train of thought there are obviously one or two who
have made up their minds right from the start to choose Hunte above all.
Then there are those who were thinking of retribution or possible financial
loss in case of a law suit. The third group, if there is a third group, is a
little more complex. They might have assumed that, if "merging" (I chose
this word loosely) with Hunte there may be a better chance of fighting the
other bad guys who wish to abolish owning and breeding of animals
altogether.
So, what we have here is a so called alliance with one faction to fight the
other. In my opinion, this is the wrong way of going about it. You will use
one to eliminate the other and once the other is eliminated what happens
then? Will we need to unite with all the breed clubs if we have not done so
already to fight against 1. Hunte who hopes for more puppy mills so that he
can exceed his millions or 2. those who want to do away with dogs in
particular and animals in general?

If this was truly why the third group voted YES I hope they redirect their
thinking. I am hoping that there may be a happy ending   to this fiasco but
we also would like for all YES voters to understand why the membership was
so upset over the outcome of the Hunte voting. I have a feeling we will see
a different picture after the next Board meeting.

Keep your faith, y'all.

Just remember, the above are only my thoughts. So, now you can go ahead and
dissect ME, if you wish.

Lee Fossland - not Lee Brown