[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Truth in real dollars

  • From: caggra@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 11:10:18 -0400

To All:

?

Nancy Harper writes:

"Linda is correrct, Jeff Pyle did not handle a dog? prior to judging.? He was
"hired" prior to the judging as verified by the closing date of the TN
Shows.? Talk with AKC they have ruled this constitues a "conflict of
interest".?? Should AKC change their ruling, I am quite sure the PC Board
would do the same."

?

I was not "hired".?? I was asked by Linda (not Joan) to show a few dogs at the
East Tennesee specialty which was after Joan's Futurity.?? Linda asked me to
show an Open dog for someone in Florida, which I was paid for.?? She also asked
if I could help the struggling East Tennessee club by taking in a couple of
extra dogs that weren't really competitive, but as we all know sometimes we
fill up an entry to make majors for everyone.? I did not invoice any of the
owners of the bitch which Joan's name was part of, nor ever was paid for
showing that bitch or a couple of others owned by other people.?? Therefore,
please tell me how that equate to a?BUSINESS relationship when no communication
between me and Joan occured and no invoice/money was exchanged???

?

To clarify?a few key points?-

?

I have never, not once?been booked to show a dog for?Joan Fox.? She has never
called and booked me to show a dog.? Prior to this East Tennessee show in
question I never showed a dog?owned, co-owned, or bred by Joan Fox.?? Since
that show, I have never showed a dog owned, co-owned or bred by Joan?Fox.? ?She
has never been a client of mine.? I have spoken with Joan on the phone
approximately 5 times in my entire life - all 5 occuring AFTER this whole
incident happened.? I have never been to Joan Fox's home and she has never been
to mine.?? I have never shared a meal with Joan Fox - we have never grabbed
lunch or dinner.??

All of the above are the normal activities that I believe occur when there is a
business relationship between people.??

?

Lastly, when I contacted AKC I was told that they do not rule on Futurity
incidents.? Their words - "We do not record wins for matches & futurities, so
how can we possibly take away a win for something that is not recorded"??? I
was further told that AKC would simply?stand by whatever decision the?parent
club?determined, and if necessary, help the GSDCA enforce their (their meaning
GSDCA) final ruling.?? I have the above statements from AKC in writing by email
if anyone would like to see them.

?

Sincerely,

Jeff Pyle

?

From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 15:56:56
To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: handling for a judge

The 4-month rule may have only recently been added to the GSDCA judging
guidlines, but as of 01/08/2004, this rule was in effect with the AKC.  The
GSDCA Futurities/Maturities are AKC *sanctioned* matches.  Therefore, the
judge of an AKC sanctioned match is required to follow *AKC* rules and
guidlines in effect at the time the match took place.

Here's the AKC link where you will find the 4-month rule stated clearly and
concisely:
http://www.akc.org/about/conflict/exhibitB.cfm

Look under section III. Ineligible Dogs and you will see the following:

"2.   If a judge uses an agent, the agent is not to exhibit dogs under the
judge for at least four months after working for you. This policy applies
for breed competition, but it is recommended to avoid at all levels
(Policy - Guidelines)."

If my post is incorrect, please let met know.

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Am
at et Canem Meam