[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Trotting/Flying Trot

  • From: Doctrcorgi@xxxxxxx
  • To: BJBuie@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:32:34 EST

  My observations thru the years have brought me to the conclusion that  The
handlers are the promoters of ""ATTITUDE""...which simply means get your dogs
so dependent on you that they become fools in the ring when the handlers have
them. It is easy to spot a political judge when you see these totally
misbehaving dogs win, when there are other dogs acting correctly..ie. quietly
holding
their ground...and paying attention to their surroundings on the move...not
just ""Where is MAMA""ing...
When I started in GSDs we never heard the word ATTITUDE""   this was a
creation to make the dogs more exciting...I never recall seeing the word
EXCITING in
the standard!!!! It seems to me we are catering to our personal needs and
desires....The AKC has stated often that it is NOT THE JUDGES JOB TO CREATE A
NEW
STANDARD!!!!!
You know the handlers have one thing on their minds...to win, make the owners
happy and collect the $$$$$$...which they often have a right to.

 I think if the handlers would get to know their charges (DOGS not $$$) so
the dogs were comfortable with them as they are with their owners, we would
really have a pleasant dog show atmosphere...No more dysfunctional people
running
you down...no more screaming...do you see this at the Irish Setter ring?...no
more chaise where you cant hear the person next to you...Just a nice show
atmosphere where we cheer for the dogs we like and don't compete with double
handlers for air time.+

 It has been said over and over  that a judge can not see the movement of a
dog whilst they are pulling...this IS a correct statement...SOOO you judges
MUST control this type of exhibiting..If a handle is a handler,not just a hang
on
runner, they can teach a dog to go out in front, and be able to drop the
lead...this puts the dog on his own...YES it means working (whaat??) with the
dog..I once heard a TOP handler tell an owner  not to put this young dog on a
lead
prior too the Futuriy 6 weeks away...and they did just that.When the Futurity
came sure enough the dog displayed its self exactly as you would
predict...dragging the handler all over the ring...in the style this handler
called
handling...For a BIG price I might add!...all for nothing.

Bottom line your dogs need MORE training...I tell people over and over watch
Jimmy...I have seen specialty handlers in the Group ring absolutely murdering
their dogs....watch Jimmy for Gods sake if you are going in to the all breed
ring...When a smart person sees something that works...they copy it!!!!!

Enough pontificating for now...(he)he)

CHuck krugerdvm