[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Tried and true way or do you go with your gut?

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Showgsd-l'" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 11:35:40 -0500

My husband and I bred and raised all kinds of critters for over 40 years!
His words rang true so often with what was at stake -- "Any breeding is
like the roll of the dice"!!  So many "ifs" are involved.  Hey, the breeding
might not even "take" and you have no offspring at all.  Either the male or
the female could die before any offspring are born.  You could have a lot
of offspring or, just one in any given situation or type of critter.  I've
even
seen twins and/or triplets in cows and horses but also none.  I often think
of the fact that an elephant is pregnant for almost 2 years.  Since I'm a
woman, it blows my mind to think of being that way so long.  Then gerbils
are pregnant for 21 days and come in season the day after giving birth!
Since so many of these pieces of dice are so wonderful, it's really worth
it "all" in the end anyway.  One of my sons told me one time I shouldn't be
"investing" in something that "eats" so I told him it isn't an "investment"
but
LOVE!  ENJOY           Norma no L