[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Tried and true way or do you go with your gut?

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: firethorntemple@xxxxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 09:25:09 -0700 (PDT)

my view is a little different....what a surprise..lol....the wonderful Male you
speak of must have had his "genes" hook up to produce HIM...the whole equals
the sum of its parts so to speak.....breeding is an Art/Science activity...it's
also a "crap shoot"...it also takes TWO to tango...the bitch  brings 1/2 the
genetic material to the litter...many believe ( not me) that her half is more
important anyway.....Tom Langlitz ( I miss him) once said the most important
dogs in a litter's pedigree are the two tied together! ( sire and dam)...to me
pedigrees are like criminal RAP Sheets ( past crime records)....they are both
very important in predicting the future, but many times they are over
rated.....many of the parolees I've arrested DID NOT have a criminal history
for that crime....yes I know the analogy is comparing apples and
oranges.....pedigrees are important but look at the two dogs involved, I
believe it's just as important.......just look at all
 the success I've had...lol....FB