[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Tried and true way or do you go with your gut?

  • From: "Tom Elkins" <firethorntemple@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Showgsd-l'" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 10:50:29 -0500

Barbara  --  Great question! My take is that I would admire that dog at a
show, but I wouldn't breed to him in a hundred years. Jack Budd was a great
breeder. He used to describe dogs like that as "Cinderella Dogs". He'd say,
"People breed to one like that thinking they're going to get beautiful
coaches, but at midnight they end up with a bunch of pumpkins."
     I think that breeding dogs is an art/science in which one should NEVER
throw caution to the wind.

tom elkins
Firethorn Temple
http://www.firethorntemple.com