[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Tried and true way or do you go with your gut?

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: Kathaleen Strong <inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>, GSD list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:37:21 +0000

Well said, Kathaleen.

Conversely, there have been dogs that have not been so impressive

in the ring, that have been terrific producers....and they were missed

because no one got to see them in their natural element.

We both remember Clayfield Woodside Texaco....a very hadnsome dog,

well bred, that hated the ring.  Those of us, in the Pacific NW, were lucky
enough

to see him at home.  We bred two bitches to him and came away with 3 champions.

He earned his ROM/C with relatively few breeding.  Unfortunately, by the time

folks in the rest of the country became aware of his producing ability, it was
too

late.  Those 2 breedings ( for us) produced offspring that have produced
champions in

every generation, plus ROM's and BISS/BIS winners.

There are just too many components to breeding to make a judgement on "looks"

alone.

 -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus
 -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds
 -bedkar@xxxxx
 -Visit our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com