[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Tried and true way or do you go with your gut?

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 11:36:25 -0500

We have done breedings both ways - dog to dog and pedigree to pedigree, etc..

I have seen some wonderful dogs come from some mediocre pedigrees - do they
reproduce? With the right bitches they do.. It took some sort of a pedigree to
get this good dog, so there must be some good genes back there some where.

Personally, I do seriously consider pedigrees as my experience in Dals and
Flat-Coats have led me to believe that grandparents are more important than
anything.

Something to think about though is if you have a proven bitch, it might be
worth doing a dog to dog breeding to see what you get - because as someone
said.... You might always wonder and what's the worst that can happen - you put
them all in pet homes..

And heck.... Even the best pedigrees do all "pet quality" litters.

Jessica MacMillan
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC

Hotmail® has ever-growing storage! Don?t worry about storage limits.