[ SHOWGSD-L ] Trans-cervical insemination

  • From: RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:38:57 EDT

My bitch has been bred twice using the trans-cervical method; both times
successful. I don't know about some of the vets other people are using; but
NO  ONE touches my dogs other than my vet to do ANYTHING without my express
permission.  To even think that my repro vet would let an assistant do
something so important( to me and I am the client and what I think  is
priority)
as a trans-cervical is beyond my imagination...AND  furthermore, I am in
the examining room with my bitch the entire time and I am  the one watching
the entire procedure directly and via the camera. And when  she had a
c-section, I was the one in the operating room with my vet, I was the  one who
she
handed each puppy to as soon as she removed the sac not that there  were not
any assistants present, they were, but I am the one in charge of what  is
done with my dogs and how.  So I can guarantee you that my bitch is  ALWAYS
attended to by my vet because I am with her every step of the way.   Quite
frankly doing a surgical incision and opening the wall of the uterus to do  an
implant is AT LEAST as good an opportunity for bacterial infection as having
 a sterile tube inserted in the uterus; of course with both methods, it
comes  down to the quality and standards of your repro vet - just my humble
opinion of  course.  Again, bottom line, what works for you and what you are
comfortable with is what counts; but I could not let this thread pass without
 adding my very happy and very successful experience with the
trans-cervical  method. The cost is approximately the same as other posts have
indicated..a  couple of hundred dollars.

Pauline Moon  - _www.ropajagsd.com_ (http://www.ropajagsd.com/)
Ropaja German  Shepherds: Member: GSDCAmercia & GSDCAtlanta
**************Dell Days of Deals! June 15-24 - A New Deal Everyday!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222677718x1201465083/aol?redir=http:%2F%2F
ad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215692163%3B38015526%3Be)