[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Training in this heat - tips

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, louroshepherds@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 07:57:40 -0700 (PDT)

I'd be wary of using a treadmill to condition your dog...and not because of the
potential for injury.  When dogs are on treadmills they tend to shorten their
stride and they never really open up.....you don't want them to get into that
habit.

  Cindy
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 8/3/2006 11:23:56 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
cimarrongsd@xxxxxxxx writes:
Ileana,
Get a thread mill and you and your dog can excercise. No excuses now for
you and the dog. hehehe
Louie

You HAVE to be kidding........

True story.....I was at the gym with a girlfriend of mine. We were on the
treadmills, and listening to music. Her headphones fell, and
she...........yes.........she bend over to pick it up and next thing we knew
she was plastered
on the wall of mirrors........

We laughed so hard they asked us to leave.......I can't do
treadmills.....not safe.....LOL

Besides, I spent my budget on a bunch of new bake ware.

Ileana
Chance favors the prepared mind

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original