[ SHOWGSD-L ] Tragic Death - Canisphere's Wind Storm

  • From: "Ellen Penington" <epeningt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 20:03:53 -0600

I am SOOO sorry to say that yesterday in Albuquerque at the obedience shows,
Canisphere's Wind Storm..AKA.Stormy died in a bizzare set of events.  Stormy,
who was already CD, CGC, RE, a certified therapy dog, and in Albuquerque to
earn her CDX bolted after a rabbit and was hit and killed by a car who didn't
even stop to see what had happened.  She was owned and loved by US ARMY
Colonel Marita Patterson.  Stormy was her personnal companion, protection and
obedience dog.  This was one of those "once in a life time dogs".  Marita is
not on this list,    I bought Stormy from a breeder in Canada.  She was not a
conformation dog but was the most incredible bitch I have ever known.  Only
after much persuasion did I let Stormy go to Marita who totally loved and
adored her.  We are all totally devastated.
Ellen Penington
El Dorado German Shepherds
www.eldoradogsd.com