[ SHOWGSD-L ] Trackiing at the National

  • From: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 15:15:43 EST

Anyone that has questions about Tracking at last year's GSDCA National in
STL just email me.  Nicky and I both layed some tracks, helped out where we
could and generally had a great time.

We got to meet John and Darlene Barnard, our judges and really the founders
of VST(Variable Surface Tracking).  John worked with AKC on the rules and
regulations for VST, Darlene had the very first Champion Tracker and it was a
German Shepherd Dog.  John followed shortly with his own GSD who earned
Champion Tracker.  To become a Champion Tracker your dog must pass the TD
(Tracking
Dog), TDX (Tracking Dog Excellent) and VST (Variable Surface  Tracking); and
that is no small feat.

Since we seem to have finally had some interest in Tracking, tell me how
many of you would attend a Tracking Seminar with the Barnards at the National
in
Colorado?  We have been discussing several new things for the Colorado
National and a Tracking Seminar in conjunction with the Tracking Test (VST, TD,

and TDX) has been mentioned.  Don't know the cost nor the number of folks  we
can have but I do know that John teaches everything from Track Plotting to
training and I think it would be a GREAT way to spend a few days in Colorful
Colorado with your dog.  Let me know your thoughts.

Lew

PS   Yes, Nicky and I BOTH put a TD on our dogs, Nicky with  Catie, me with
Jill.  It is so much fun and a total  rush when your dog finds that glove in
the middle of the five acre  field.........