[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Toys (was made in china)

  • From: Sarah Bishop <bliz1998@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:24:39 -0400

My old dog was an extremely play/toy motivated dog.  If it squeaked, rolled,
bounced she was interested.  She also loved her chew toys.  So imagine my
surprise when I got at GSD that wasn't interested much in any of the above.
Tried and tried, gave up stuffed 'em all in the toy box and resigned myself to
replacing his rawhide roll every 4 months (yes it lasts that long).

I brought home a bag of toys from my neighbor's that I was going to air out and
donate to Goodwill.  First I looked through to find if there were suitable dog
toys for the BF's dog.  James (my dog) walked up sniffed the whole pile
carefully and then took off with a small stuffed pig that was just small enough
that he can get the whole thing in his mouth, yet it's big enough not to get
swallowed.  It doesn't squeak, barely bounces and only rolls if kicked on tile
but he loves it.  Of course I let him keep it.  The upshot is since he only
likes smallish toys my stuffed animals that are sitting around as home decor
get left alone.

So what toy did your dog find/claim that you just had to let them keep?

Sarah > ------------------------------> > Msg: #4 in digest> From: "Carol
Weale" <dankagsd01@xxxxxxx>> Subject: Re: MADE IN CHINA> Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007
08:23:34 -0700> > Lee,> When we had the dog food scare, I was suspicious about
our food. After all, > we do eat wheat. That is why wine is good to have in
case on an emergency.> Wouldn't you think, that with all those smart, powerful
people running our > Country someone would have had would a V8 moment? I don't
want this to be > political and it is dog related, so I will say I wasn't
worried about my > dogs, I don't feed dog food and their toys are so old they
could be > considered antique. We don't like change here, we keep old stuff.
Chase > plays with toys he had at 6 months and Dan is still blaming me for
losing > one of his favorites at a dog show over a year ago. He still looks for
> that white ball on occasion. Dan is old too.> Carol
See what you?re getting into?before you go there
http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_preview_0507