[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Toxic Gut Syndrome/Mesenteric Torsion

  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: rockannand@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 18:44:27 EDT

In a message dated 6/5/2006 3:18:01 PM Pacific Standard Time,
It sounds like testing at 6 mo. is still too early. Many animals are bred
somewhere after their 2nd heat if it's a bitch and perhaps earlier if a male.
That's early for me.... I like the number on the fore and aft but, my question
guess, should be.... Will the pancreas show signs at this time of damage? If
not, what age bracket are Breeders looking at to be able to have this genetic
question answered?

Kate Syssoloff