[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Totally Awesome Select GSD's :-)

  • From: Helen Franklin <helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx>
  • To: scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 17:52:46 -0500 (EST)

I have both bred and owned Select's.  Those Red and Black ribbons never get
old.  But I think my
favorite treasure of all, is the lovely wooden ROM plaques.  That has more
meaning then all else.
It means that your dog/bitch left a lasting mark on the breed forever.  All my
trophies have been
given to clubs, except those (and the black & red ribbons.)  Totally awesome to
me may be the
ugliest dog on 4 legs that has given us the most wonderful babies.
Helen Franklin, AOE Chair, 48 year member GSDCA,

"A German Shepherd owns the ground he stands on....
 ...he does not run or bite if you wish to share it!"