[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Toronto (Canada) Humane Society...........

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 13:37:27 EST

In a message dated 11/29/2009 11:37:12 A.M. Central Standard Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The police have now seized the financial records as  well.  As I mentioned,
this shelter routinely has commercials  with the vet (I think) with the cute
little puppy or kitty asking for  donations.  It appears that this was a "no
kill" shelter to the  extreme, and no animal was euthanized even if they
were
beyond help  and euthanasia would be the kindest thing.  The person who  ran
this shelter is a retired lawyer who is  anti-euthanasia.

The Toronto Humane is/was a private and independent branch  who did not
renew its affiliation with the Ontario Humane Society many  years back.  I was
a director within OHS for over 25 years, and no,  they do not have the
mission statement of HSUS.   There have  been inquiries financially on and off
for over 30 years on what the THS  has done with money earned.  They have
heart wrenching commercials  that have brought a lot of resources in over the
years...but not sure  where it all went.  Whether bad management or just plain
 crooked.
There have been many complaints about the animals care  also.  The Ontario
Humane has in the past few years renamed to the  Ontario SPCA to shed the
HSUS affiliation.  I am glad they are moving  in ....sad sad story.
Molly

Trillia German  Shepherds since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of  Beaumont (recording secretary), Life member
CKC
"We find comfort among  those who agree with us - growth among those who
don't".
..Frank A  Clark