[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Toronto (Canada) Humane Society...........

  • From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:36:30 -0500

It wasn't the SPCA that ran it.  As of this morning, 5 people have been
arrested, and the Toronto SPCA has taken it over.

Apparently the place had many feral cats (including those in the ceilings)
hence the trap.  The explanation for no one hearing this cat suffer was that
it blended in with the rest of the cat noises.  One would think at some
point someone might have remembered to check the traps.  This place should
be closed down.

The police have now seized the financial records as well.  As I mentioned,
this shelter routinely has commercials with the vet (I think) with the cute
little puppy or kitty asking for donations.  It appears that this was a "no
kill" shelter to the extreme, and no animal was euthanized even if they were
beyond help and euthanasia would be the kindest thing.  The person who ran
this shelter is a retired lawyer who is anti-euthanasia.

Peggy