[ SHOWGSD-L ] Tornados - very thankful

  • From: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 21:32:50 EDT

We were very, very lucky yesterday as our horse farm was less than 12 miles
from 2 small towns that were almost completely destroyed by tornados yesterday.

Our home and kennel was hit by a tornado in December of 2000 and Gene and I
rode that one out.
Gene was at the house with the dogs and my farm partner john and I were at
the farm when these struck. We knew it was bad somewhere close but had no idea
how extensive the damage was at that time.

We were extremely lucky yesterday also in the fact that Gene and I had driven
to Athens, GA to pick up a rescue GSD from the pound there and where driving
back through tornado warnings with her to get home.

Rough, rough day in Georgia...........thankful not to have been hit directly
again.
lynda

Check out our websites for constantly updated info and pictures
www.falkrigiashepherds.com
www.thecraftywoodchuck.com
Last Hope Safe Haven GSD Rescue - BOD
Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue  - Training Director

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money &
Finance.
      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)