[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Topic change - was Apology to The List

  • From: falkrigia@xxxxxxx
  • To: marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 15:31:10 -0500 (EST)

It's alwasy a good idea to know enough about your subject and have
enough experience to know what you should and should not take. That
comes only with experience. Not weeks or months of it - but years of it.

Novices always want to say that people do not want to help them but
usually it is because they come across the way this girl does - like
she already knows more than anyone else and MUST be right. You were
down here at our shows a few years ago whe you were farily new to
showing and were at my house at the party our club hosted if my memory
is correct. I believe most everyone you met there was friendly and
helpful to you but you treated everyone with respect as far as i could
see.That is not how she is handling her quest for information. It is
more like she is seeking ammunition with which to fight those with
decades more experience in this breed than she will probably ever have.
No one has time or patience for people like that so she just needs to
change her approach if she is truly seeking information from
experienced people.

Otherwise she can just go on believeing what she believes and she'll be
out of this breed before long anyway. It's a tough breed to be in for a
lot of reasons and you have to love it, believe in it and learn why it
is what it is and what makes it so amazingly unique. Or you won't stay.

Even people in different venues are novices in whatever new venue they
enter. there is always something to be learned in this breed. But you
have to be open to learning. She does not come across that way.
lynda

Gene Workman
Lynda Bragg-Workman
www.falkrigiashepherds.com
www.thecraftywoodchuck.com
Appaloosa Acres - an Equine and Canine facility
Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue - training director

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing,
therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any fellow
creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I
shall not pass this way again".  du Mabillier (1773-1855)