[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Topeka & Astro Turf

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 21:47:16 GMT

Tish's report on the 27th sort of refers to the need for sod at one site, but
no real comment on Astro-Turf, per se.  But, it makes sense that if we don't
need to buy sod, something else is there???

"2011 National:
There is a site in Topeka Kansas that is evidently excellent (Doberman
Centennial was there).  They have been wanting the GSDCA to come and offering
us good incentives.  Last October the Board voted to remain in Salt Lake for
2010.  At this meeting, in light of our financial problems, the good incentives
and site in Topeka were brought up again.  It was pointed out by our show
chairman Bill Burggraaf that it appears we do not have a signed contract with
Lexington.  Consequently the vote of the Board was to check with Topeka to see
if it was available for the same week in 2011.
A firm decision on 2012 was not made.  The Ft. Collins site is quite a bit more
expensive and one of the reasons for that is the necessity of purchasing sod."

Paula

Home of Best in Show, Multi-Group Winning, GSDCA Dual Title Award Recipient,
AKC JAM/AOE, International and American Champion Asgard Harley Davidson v
Plamark, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA (Hips, Elbows, Heart & Thyroid) DNA tested
clear of the long-coat factor.