[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Top 25 GSD's

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 13:15:34 -0400 (EDT)

well, I can tell you that we were truly surprised, as we dont keep up with
the tabulations...I did for Harley...that was fun...<G>

* Ileana  *
Love me, love my dogs.

In a message dated 8/11/2012 11:56:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

There  are so many different lists and "Top" this and "Top" that, that I
try
to  not get too impressed with the lists. That does not include the top ten

female hard bodies, or the top ten songs of the 50s.

On this list  of the top 25, I saw some dogs that have impressed me, such
as
Dexter, and  some that I never thought should be listed in the top anything
for   German shepherds.  I pity number 26, who is probably a perfectly
good
dog.

It appears to have something to do with all-breed  showing, and Grand
Champions.

I was pleased to see Kirk in  there at 21, and remember when we called
Ellie
Gode to see if possibly our  house and stud dog made the top ten. She told
us we had to wait for  it to be published the next week. We were blown away
to  see that  Champion Asgard's Big Ben of Encore ROM was number one.  Then

the  next year to see his son number one that year.

I guess  there is something to this, and I am sure there is some reason to
be  proud.  I have never watched to see how my dogs were doing, or tried
win this sort of competition.  I don't even know if there is  such a thing
as winner.  That seems to mean there is someone  who loses.

Maybe we need to do the top German shepherd judges each  year.  I like
contests where you don't have to pay to enter,  you don't know what the
judging
is done on, you don't sweat someone  beating you, and you have no idea it
is
coming out until it is  decided.

What basis would you use to list judges?  Here are  my  suggestions.

1.  Age
2.  Mobility
3.   Number of dogs judged that year
4.  Number of dogs put up from his/her  kennel
5.  Amount of entry fees paid for his/her own dogs in the   prior year
6.  Hair, amount, color (natural), and quantity
7.   Willingness to pay own way to judge a show
8.  Times he/she got in a  fight with another judge
9.  Times he/she said something new about the  dogs they judged after  the
show
10. Easiest name to  pronounce

What additional criteria would you suggest?  Flower  Boy?

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds