[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Too wait or not to wait.... that is the question

  • From: "Joan Fox" <campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ShowGSD List" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 18:08:09 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hm..... didn't mean to send this. I do have a few more thoughts! How
different, huh?

We all learn from our own experiences. I find no fault with early maturity.
So saying we do full health screens including H/E, thyroid before we show in
a puppy class.
I can't imagine finding out later your winner won't get a number of some
kind. I have avoided lines known for bloat and torsion and it's hard
sometimes not to breed to some dogs and take the chance to get that big
winner.

The best dogs in our kennel have stayed what they were as puppies and just
gotten larger. If they don't stand out as puppies they have gone to pet
homes. Sure you make a mistake that way once in a while but how much better
is it for the dog. My Sel. CH. Joy To The World was sold as a pet. Luckily,
I got her back.

Uzi was BP at the National at 7 mos. and and got a major at 9 mos.
A BIF at 13 mos.
3 majors at 17 months... Ch.... at 19 months he went Select for the first of
4.

The youngest ROM sire, youngest GV. ROM sire at 35 months.... he lived till
almost 14.

His dam was a CH. with 5 majors at 12 months and went Select at 2. She got
her ROM in 2 litters.

His grandam GV Vendetta was done before 1 1/2 then got 3 Sel. before she got
her ROM in 2 litters.

I have been blessed.

Joan