[ SHOWGSD-L ] Tom Castriota

  • From: "Ellen Migliore" <ejmgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 12:45:55 -0400

I am deeply saddened at the passing of my friend, Tom. I loved this man, his
passion for the breed and his passion for his friends. Once you got to know Tom
he was so easy to talk to about anything and was a very concerned and serious
individual. He also had his funside and I'll never forget the shows we
attended, with out "drive by" shootings of pump water guns, him chasing me and
carrying me upside down around the ring, food fights, you know, all the
IMPORTANT things in life when it comes right down to it.
Tom was so into his dogs and the breed as a whole. You could just sit and
listen to him, he was a wealth of knowledge. He had a special way with the
dogs, you could always tell by the way they looked and reacted with him. He was
a great breeder of German Shepherd Dogs, and a great friend to the breed. He
held his beliefs and did not waiver. Any dogs I ever placed with Tom & Sandy I
never worried about and they always had stories to tell me on a weekly basis.
Tom was always there for me and I loved him on all fronts.
I will miss Tom very much, feel great sadness for those close to him in his
passing and hope they can find strength.
I know Amy said that he now joins his buddy Lamar, but I think Tom is in heaven
with Trekkie playing his spitting games.
Never forgotten Tom...always in my heart....Ellen