[ SHOWGSD-L ] To watch the Live Streaming Video...Thanks, Info, ETC.

  • From: "Erika A. Buckley" <Tamaringsd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 10:03:08 -0700

I thank Doc Zoe and Bill Burggraaf, (National Show Chairman), for responding to
my original question to the 'List'. Interesting how someone went off on a
tangent and the sheep followed without any attempt to answer my question. All
one needs to do is 'change' the subject heading. >grin<
To view a Live Streaming Video, does take up a lot of 'Download Usage' time.
'Download Usage' is the amount of mb, mega-bites, an internet provider allots
within a given time. This varies immensely, depending on the internet service
you subscribe to. In some parts of the country your choice of internet service
is limited. What happens is that once the mb are used up, I will have to wait
24 hrs for high speed internet to kick in again. (My Hughes Net service allots
me 200mb download usage within 24 hrs.)
For high speed internet service where I live, it is limited to satellite. This
service is in no way competitive with Cable and DSL services, both in price and
services offered.

I contacted Hughes Net technical support and finally lucked out.....got to
someone who spoke clearly and did not run all his words together. It was
suggested I get a free Download Manager to download the Live Streaming Video to
my computer during 'Hughes' free internet time, 11:00 PM to 3:00 AM. Isn't that
nice.....I can watch it the next day by uploading it from my computer. grrr
Hughes Net technician suggested: Dap Download Accelerator Plus. Doc Zoe uses
Firefox.

QUESTION?  How many mega bites will each event at our National use? Maybe I
could calculate how much I can view live each day without having to download it
to view at a later time.

Just trying to prepare for viewing our 2009 NATIONAL.

Stay at home Pity Party Member,

Erika Buckley
Tamarin GSDs