[ SHOWGSD-L ] To stud or not to stud

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Showgsd-l' <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 09:46:55 -0400

Thank you all for the many letters you wrote to me about using a good
looking stud dog with a so-so pedigree.  Some of your private responses
were so great to read about how this has affected your breeding
choices.  And then there were some of you who had experienced this first
hand with your own stud dogs.  I really appreciate you sharing your
experiences with me.  Some of you sent me pictures of your good looking
dogs.  So what I gathered from your responses is that it was pretty
equal about yes, some would use the dog anyway and others said no way.
It seemed to favor the "No way" more than the yes, but not by much.  I
love a good discussion.......thanks!   Barbara