[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: To breed or not to breed.....that is the question!

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Elsyd1@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 16:43:52 -0600

Ok Gal -- I've mentioned to folks that I always checked the pedigrees and
what
was behind each dog on each side as best I could  AND I would usually try to
have TWO OF MY OWN males.  Ones whose offspring would be complimented
by the other's attributes to the group.  That eliminated my being concerned
about a
bitch off on her honeymoon (plus stud fees etc.) and I'd see for myself
through the
behavior of my guys when the time was right.   Also, to add to that, my
plans were
always --- never breed at all unless I had 2 or 3 definite orders for
puppies so I'd
not be just breeding and bringing a bunch of dogs into the world with none
of them
wanted in the first place.  Ooo, sometimes I'd breed for ME tho!  LOL  Norma
no L