[ SHOWGSD-L ] To Test or Not to Test

  • From: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 22:15:11 EST

I knew the Temp Test Motion was going to draw lots of comments and I guess I
had hoped that everyone would have an opinion.  You must however send those
opinions to Board@xxxxxxxxx and it would be a really be great if you were a
member of the GSDCA.  You of course can also send the comments to Helen, me or
anyone you want but I woiuld still suggest sending them to the whole Board.

Now about the motion.  The Board did get into a very lengthy discussion about
how the test - wait a minute it is now supposed to be called an Evaluation -
is being done.  Very different method used by most All Breeds, some Specialty
judges and then there are some who just don't want to do it.  It was a good
discussion.

Then on Sunday morning a motion hit the floor to "suspend the temperament
test".  The motion did not go into a great deal of detail and I do believe it
was
intended to start this discussion and maybe even to make sure the evaluation
was being performed in only one way.  The motion was postoned (which was a
positive action) and your Board will be having a work session on Friday, April
22, 2005 in Utah to fully discuss the evaluation.  The GSDCA Temperament
Committee and our AKC Delegsate will attend the work session.

Your comments are welcomed and encouraged, send them to Board@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks,

Lew