[ SHOWGSD-L ] To: Temperament Test Chair (was: Statement to the List)

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: DestinoGS1@xxxxxxx, TotalDogman@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:50:08 EDT

Hi Jim

Thanks for taking the time to address some of the  concerns regarding the
Temperament Test and the  committee.
When we spoke earlier this month you never  explained to me that my area was
full. When I told you I was willing  to go thru the training,
you told me you were not conducting training, but  here you say people are
not willing to go thru the long  apprenticeship.
Personally, as we move every 3-4  years, my interest remain. I never know
where next year  will take us. We have that kind
of a job <G>.  Also, Anja (from CA) has  posted that she hasn't been able to
get anyone to talk to her  about being an evaluator.
That's good info for you to  have, as you posted you are looking for people
in CA.

What's the criteria to become an evaluator? I cant  find that anywhere.
What's the training? How long does it  take?
The answers to these questions will better educate  the club members
regarding this committee.

I have tested my dogs, my Champions and my pets,  because I believe in this
program. It wasn't a matter of  needing the title
for an AOE. I believe in the Temperament  Test.  So I would like to support
the program, but I cant do that if all the doors are closed.

One thing I want you to address on this forum, and  that is the situation
where an evaluator is questioning dogs  pedigrees
and their breeding potential, and using that as a  grading value. This policy
has NO validity AND does not belong in  the Temperament Test,
and this member, who feels her  dog was failed by this improper practice,
should be vindicated by  this committee.

And please post a list of available evaluators,  and the areas they cover.
That would help a lot of  clubs.

I look forward to reading your response.
Ileana
*****************
From: _DstnGSD1@xxxxxxx_ (mailto:DstnGSD1@xxxxxxx)
To: _Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx_ (mailto:Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:43:58 EDT
Listers let me rebut some of the misinformation that is being circulated on

the list. We can only have temperament tests when a club agrees to host them.

I  am actively encouraging Evaluators to call area clubs to inquire about

hosting.  Evaluators are area specific so clubs should be able to obtain an

evaluator with minimal cost. We have raised the price of the test to 25
dollars

with 20 going to the club to help defray the cost to the club. We are
striving

to obtain a full compliment of evaluators. We have added two very qualified

people this year I am actively seeking one more in California. Most people
who

have inquired have either been in areas that currently have evaluators or

are no  longer interested when the hear of the long apprenticeship This is

hardly a  closed shop or a good OLE boys group. I was going to emphasize my

availability  in my verbal report to the board, but as you know verbal
reports

were not allowed due to time constraints. My non list e-mail is in the annual

report.  _TotalDogman@xxxxxxxx (_mailto:TotalDogman@xxxxxxx_
(mailto:TotalDogman@xxxxxxx) )  . One a personal

note I have never sought this position. Bob and the committee picked me. I
strive

to be ego less, and seldom post to the list. Every time I do anything  with

this committee I think of the breed and my responsibly to Bob. Bob was a

beloved friend I still reach for the phone to call him. When someone stated
"Bob Penny must be rolling over in his Grave " It cut me to The Quick. Can we
please

be just a little nicer out there? After thirty years in a Chicago Firehouse

I  thought I had thick skin. In closing Bob did tell me you take a lot of
heat

with  this job. Bob was so smart he didn't have e-mail. Thank you  Jim