[ SHOWGSD-L ] To Red Rock's Champange Kisses,....with love.

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 06:33:10 -0700 (PDT)

....her eyes are not as bright as they were that day at Freds when we first
spied her in the pasture romping happily with her sister; her steps are slower
now and her girth wider than my vet would like....but the smile she wears tells
of many years of love and devotion; both human and canine. This one's for you
Kiz...
  Still grief stricken from the loss of our sable beauty, Shandra, we had
motored to  Fred Olsens Red Rock Kennel in Connecticut with hopes of easing the
pain for both us and for Krunch who had become inconsolable since Shandra's
passing. He  spent his days wandering  from room to room, sniffing her toys and
searching my face for answers I did not have.
   Arriving at Red Rock, we were led around to the back paddock to meet Fred's
two sable bitch pups. I carried a photo of Shandra with me; hoping that one of
these little souls would ease my aching heart. They were totally engrossed in
"the chase game", floating around the huge grassy enclosure, when the darker of
the two suddenly spied my husband standing there laughing at their antics.
Instantly, she broke away from her sister and flew to his side; wrapping her
paw around his leg as if to say "HERE I am!!! I've been waiting for you!"....He
pointed to her and said "You'll do..."....and within moments, she was in our
van with her new found friend, Krunch making the trip that would begin our
journey of the next nine years.
  We named her Kizmet....for it was surely kismet that brought us to her. Her
arrival in our lives changed more than the number of dogs we had....it brought
us to a new home on Cape Cod...enabled us to forge new friendships....gave me
new insight into the lives of these amazing creatures and enjoyment beyond my
wildest imagination.
  We have had quite a journey, Kiz and I. We grieved together at the loss of
her  beloved Krunch...and rejoiced with the birth of her puppies. Together with
Dallas, she has given me the dog people wait their whole lifetime for...and for
that I shall be eternally grateful. With just two breedings, she has succeeded
in achieving her ROM.....this girl who got a very late start in the whelping
box at five years old.
  Her days of puppies are behind her now...her life consists of quiet walks
around the cranberry bog, rides in the car for no reason, and ice creams
whenever the mood strikes her. She has more than earned it....and as I look at
this unbelievably beautiful plaque, with her sitting at my feet..her  cloudy
eyes are saying once again..."Here I am!!! I will ALWAYS wait for you..."
I love you Kiz....you will always have my heart.
Love, Your Mom

Dorothy, and no this aint Kansas