[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: To Better The Breed

  • From: "billie" <arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Pamswan02@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 17:16:25 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: <Pamswan02@xxxxxxx>
To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 I didn't know what  I do now
> and am still learning.  My goal is to get an OFA excellent   If I can live
> that long. Ha
>
> Pam Swanson
> Chantilly  Shepherds
> Home of Ch. Chantilly s Holiday Compadre( Holly) Winner's Bitch at  2004
> National

 Pam,
I have had several OFA exellents. While that pleases me it doesn't mean that
you still won't come up with a dog that won't OFA.
I have an 8 year old bitch whose whole 4 generation pedigree is OFA with the
exception of  2 dogs., and they were both ROM's and very likely weren't OFA
because at that time OFA wasn't used as widely as it is now. She didn't OFA,
and has been spayed. She is the best companion, wonderful to travel with.
When I travel alone and take her out for  her"duties", I always tell her
"WATCH," her head moves back and forth, side to side like a beacon.  She
watches everyone and everything, and alerts if something concerns her. She
also makes me laugh every single day. What a good girl she is, I dread that
she is growing older, but so far she is aging  gracefully.

Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, Ca.