[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: To Better The Breed

  • From: Colleen Donnelly <gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:39:30 -0500 (EST)

I am NOT attacking you Sue. Stop being silly, look at your last email to me.
Who's attacking who???

  AND I DID say in my post that you DID ask that he be brought to you. Read it.

  I don't expect you to understand about home visits. At all.

  And yes, I did say he is here to stay until a home is found. ??? He's a dog
from a bitch you bred and sold. He's of no consequence to you right? No problem
to you. Now he's my responsibility? Yes, he is. I also told you that there is
no way he is going to to you, he is a house dog now and not stuck in the middle
of a blueberry field on a cement pad guarding the darkness like where he came
from. Like you said, he's not your responsibility is he Sue.

  "Why are you on this list"

  Because I LOVE my breed. Because I CARE and TEND to my breed. Why are you on
this list?

  Colleen Donnelly
Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  I am not sure why you feel a need to attack me, colleen.. I find it
interesting that you feel you are entitled to your opinion, but that I am
not because I don't necessarily agree with you.
I will not respond to any of your comments except the one below..

"Granted Sue, one boy I have here now is from your breeding, and when I told
you, you said to bring him to you, but you do not do home checks so.....ack,
I'm rambling and pissed off. "

The dog you refer to, and feel a need to make insinuations about me over, is
not "from my breeding" but is the result of a breeding done by someone who
bought a bitch from the co-breeder/owner of our X litter - born in 1997 on
my property. The co-breeder took possession of 1/2 of the X litter at 5
weeks and sold these pups as she saw appropriate. Please tell me how or why
I should make home visits on those new owners that I
1) did not sell the dog to 2) did not know of 3) have no control over to
ensure they breed their bitch the way I, or you or anyone else would see
fit?
You felt I should take responsibility for this dog (now in your possession)
that was a) bred by someone I have no idea about b) sold to a family (3rd
in the line of progression from my home)whose actions resulted in the dog
ending up in rescue.. for this you feel **I** am the one responsible??

It seems you neglected to mention that when you contacted me about him, I
asked you to bring him to me, even though he was not my responsibility.. but
no, you were keeping him.
Now it sounds like you believe that anyone who breeds a litter is ultimately
responsible for not only the results of that litter but also responsible for
the grandkids, great grandkids etc of our dogs..

I am glad your work in rescue, I am glad that there are people out there
that are passionate about the wellbeing of all animals, but to try to make
breeders responsible for generations of dogs as well as the actions of the
people in those dogs lives is ridiculous.

You are entitled to your opinions, Colleen, But I still feel you should
concentrate your energies on ridding the world of puppy mills and animal
abuses instead of breeders.

I guess I will echo recent question on this list earlier this week
"Why are you on this list anyway?"
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com/jessie.htm
Give your dogs the Ultimate Nutritional Support with BiologicVet Nx
http://www.biologicnr.com/biologicvetnx/
Contact stormygsd@xxxxxxx for breeder program Information