[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: To Be Or Not To Be ....All Breeds

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxx, Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:28:45 EST

In a message dated 12/14/2005 8:55:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxx writes:
I like All Breeds occasionally because of their booths.  { :o)
Speaking as a vendor at those AB shows, I enjoy them for the diversity.  I
have made many friends and customers at the AB shows.  I have also learned a
lot
about different breeds.  Whenever I am not in the ring or the booth, I make
it a point to go to a customer's ring and check out their dogs.  Much of the
knowledge I have gained from these folks I find myself applying to our Breed as
well.  Movement, head, structure.  Things folks like or dislike about where
their breed is going.  I also learn alot about judges from them as well.
And, like Stormy, I enjoy the response I get from people to my dogs.  There
are frequently tour groups that come through the shows.  I think my dogs have
more photos floating around Japan than they do in the U.S.  :-)  I have a
reputation at the shows of having "nice" GSD's.  In the real world that means
approachable and friendly.  People love to hug them and pet them.

The specialties serve a different purpose, at least for me.  I love watching
the dogs be able to move in a big ring.  I enjoy watching the dogs getting
ready to show, working and getting all jazzed.  I try to apply my education of
GSD's to the dogs in the ring and pick the dogs I like best and see if the
judge
agrees :-)

In both venues, I enjoy the people and dogs and the sport of showing.  This
is why I show dogs to begin with.  There is room for both venues and for
individual preferences.  That's what makes this sport great.

Laura Thomas
http://www.treasureranchgsds.com/