[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: To Be (A Purist) Or Not To Be ....All Breeds

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Lealynn@xxxxxxx>, <acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:05:01 -0800

From: Lealynn@xxxxxxx; >
> I HATE all breed shows because the parking always sucks and Shepherds always
> go in at 8am.....Bah Humbuh~!> > Liz

It isn't so much the 8 a.m. start....it's that they are all over by 10 a.m.
I like
spending
the day visiting and looking at dogs after driving for a few hours and bathing
dogs
and
getting to the show......add to that the ring that is so small you are just
SURE it is
meant
for the Toy Breeds!!!   YIKES!!!   The Clubs that put on the All Breeds won't
even
begin
to listen when we beg for bigger outdoor rings.   Even when they do put them
outdoors
they are Toy Breed size.     Pose....two turns....they're over!!!!
All of the people that think GSD Specialty people "should"  enter All Breeds so
they
will
change and give us larger rings are wrong in my opinion.    As long as they get
any
 kind of reasonable entry......they will never change the rings because they
don't
care.

( I know I will hear now about the "exceptions"......but I sure can't find
them.   )

Also......I really HATE all the "land mines"  of dog poo on your way to the
ring....on
the
sidewalks, walkways, roads, parking lots,  everywhere!!!!!   You have to watch
every
step!
I hate watching the Terriers encouraged to 'face off' and pee on every thing
that is
upright....

Kill me now......<G>........but let me die at a GSD Specialty Show with a huge
ring!!
<G>

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com