[ SHOWGSD-L ] To All The Dogs I've Loved Before

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:22:12 -0500

TO ALL THE DOGS I'VE LOVED BEFORE
by
Barbara J. Galasso
(to be sung from the song "To All The Girls I've Loved Before"
by Julio Iglesias and Willie Nelson)

To all the dogs I've loved before,
who traveled in and out my door
I'm glad they came along,
I dedicate this song,
to all the dogs I've loved before.

To all the dogs I one caressed,
and may I say I've held the best
For helping me to grow,
I owe a lot I know,
To all the dogs I've loved before.

The winds of change are always blowing,
and everytime I think I got it figured out
The winds of change continue blowing,
First it's fronts and now it's rears, I want to shout.

To all the dogs who shared my house,
who when I sold you, called me a louse,
I want you to know, I'm still glad you came along,
I dedicate this song,
To all the dogs I've loved before.

To all the dogs who cared for me,
who as a puppy, were a misery
Even though you chewed my favorite piece of art,
You'll always live within my heart
and always be a part, of all the dogs I've loved before.

The winds of change are always blowing,
and though you were not chosen as my pick,
the winds of change continue blowing,
Sorry your genetics just wasn't a click.

To all the dogs I've loved before,
who traveled in and out my door,
If you didn't come along,
I wouldn't be able to dedicate this song,
To all the dogs I've loved before.