[ SHOWGSD-L ] Titles at both ends

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:26:51 -0800 (PST)

     This will be longer than I would like, but it does address creating
interest
  and encouraging people.  Many conformation folks started in obedience
  and drifted into conformation on the arm of an established breeder.  This
should still be happening, yet how many of us ever go near the  obedience ring
at a show?
  Remember when you were given the feeling of inferiority because you showed
  only in obedience?  I do.  Then I bought the beautiful Bonnie Bergere -Field
  Marshall daughter and was off to a great life involving both rings.  I
believe we
  can encourage people involved only in obedience to give conformation a try
  if we will go over to their rings, talk to them as if they are first rate
people
  instead of "the red-headed step child", and indicate that we are interested
  in "both ends".
       OTOH  what ever happened to "high scoring champion"  at the national"
  I have not heard of one for years.  Did  we quit awarding it, or have there
  simply been no qualifiers?  Whichever the case, what a shame!  This is
  a great incentive to put a title on both ends.  In fact, if that award is
still
  offered, I will enter one of my CH's in obedience at next year's national
  and hope to create renewed interest in  "titles at both ends".
                                       Carolyn

http://mail.yahoo.com