[ SHOWGSD-L ] Timing is Everything

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 10:27:16 -0500

So last night, about 8:30 pm... I get into bed and we flip on the "Next Food
Network Star". I have been watching off and on and missed the finally due to a
dog show (imagine that)...

The Direct TV guy was supposed to have been there sometime between 4 - 8:00 pm
and no sign of him. He was supposed to come because we had just had the house
reroofed and sided (from the tornado Memorial Day Weekend) and we could no
longer get the local HD channels. But I digress....

So Don called twice... Once got put on hold for 10 minutes and then forgotten.
Second time, the service area was closed so he called a different number and
the chick on the line knew nothing about it.... Finally, about 8:35, the guy
calls and Don responds with "what do you want" and totally frazzles the guy...
TV guy shows up at 8:45 and starts work on the dish.

Well, I had been minding my own business, watching the show.. I thought, with
my luck he would unplug the dog gone thing at the WRONG time.

8:55 approaches...... Bobby Flay is on stage, the judges have done their
reviews of the three finalists and the President of the Food Network comes on
stage..... Screen... black.........volume.... Screen back.............. Screen
black.......... volume........... 8:57 and this is no joke....... The darned
guy on our roof unplugged my TV program.... Don comes in and starts laughing
because he knows what time it is....

I got up, put respectable cloths on and went out and gave the guy on my roof
crap... It was HIS fault!

SHEESH.... Now I have gone on line and well............. I woulda been
disappointed anyhoo....

And to make this dog related.... My dogs thought it was rude of this guy to
show up so late and work in the dark when they (the dogs) coulda been out
chasing fireflies....

Jess M & The Shepherd Girls (who are complaining about being bald!)...