[ SHOWGSD-L ] Times they are achanging

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 23:50:50 EST

In a message dated 11/16/2004 4:23:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Danannkennel@xxxxxxx writes:
I  think our dogs  are sorely lacking also today, especially compared
to five to fifteen years ago.

+++++++++++++
Me thinks you hit the nail on the head
 Does anyone know the official age when we start to say our dogs of the past
are better than the ones of today?  I thought it was 40, but I am seeing
younger people now taking up this mantra.

Our dogs improve every year. If you fail to see this, attend our nationals.
The quality continues to improve.  The members of the 13 club continue to
increase the choices of stud dogs are better every year.

We are breeding to improve the breed and we are doing so. To say the dogs
were better in the past is like remembering your 1954 Ford Fairlane and
claiming
it was so much better than a new Mustang. We forget that the doors popped open
on curves, that the radiator leaked, that the transmission howled all the
time, and that the seats wore out. But, in our memories it was perfect.

We continue to improve our breed, and we have more to go. But, no one is
breeding less quality dogs than the earlier lines.

Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

For technical or administrative help, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx