[ SHOWGSD-L ] Times they are a-changing

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 19:37:11 EDT

In a message dated 3/11/2007 11:39:13 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:
. I  really
would not like the AKC  getting involved with any of this. If  they start
getting letters from people and  problems,we just might  find ourselves in
trouble
with them. They DON"T WANT to  get involved  with Breed Parent club's
problems--They have enough problems   themselves,but if you annoy and pester
them with our
GSDCA problems,they  could  discipline us severely

Also, let's consider who our delegate would be, if a fight began between  the
AKC and the GSDCA.

If Carmen were not elected as an AKC Director the conflict between his
obligation to the AKC vs. the GSDCA no longer would exist.  If that  happens,
we
might be better served with a man of Carmen's abilities representing  us.  I am
not a fan of our Board voting to reverse what the members have  done.

As to judging, I don't think ten or even two hundred members of this List
should be able to change what the membership voted. We should support that vote

and go the National to watch our judges do the very best job they can.
Removing a judge for something that comes up, unless illegal or even unethical
is
never a good idea.  I know many times before the show, things come up we
don't like. Going to shows, being at the National to watch the judging the days

before, talking about dogs or what they plan to do, all of these are things
that  have raised the question of removing a judge.

Let's all calm down. The main issue of Mr. Hunte being voted into our club
should remain our basic concern. Other issues and complaints might cause our
board to lose sight of the issue, and we need to keep the information in the
front.  Don't get distracted, and have faith in our board.

Evan
_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
http://www.aol.com.